Saturday 23 June is the annual JRUC Bushpigs Charity Day. In 2018, Dolly’s Dream is the beneficiary of our fundraising efforts.
Join us at JJ Connors Oval Jindabyne for a number of junior and senior matches, before we head to the Lake Jindabyne Hotel from 5pm to auction the day’s special edition charity jersey.
It’s a free event and everyone is welcome!
The day will also include the 10 year reunion of our premiership winning 2008 Bushpigs team.
Bushpigs vs Gungahlin – 2:30pm
Charity Jersey presentation – 1:45pm
About Dolly’s Dream
Amy ‘Dolly’ Everett was a victim of bullying who ended her own life at the young age of 14.
Dolly’s Dream is a vision established by her parents, Kate and Tick, along with family and friends in her memory.
Dolly’s Dream will act as a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves and work to create change, by:
- Raising awareness in communities, children and parents about the serious issue of bullying and its devastating effects
- Working to prevent and address bullying and cyber bullying issues in the community
- Deliver information on ways to mitigate bullying, including cyber bullying, within school communities and to those in need
- Change cultures in the community to prevent bullying, and
- Support victims of bullying