The latest updates on training and playing with the club in light of the 2020 global health situation.
Returning to Training
Following the lifting of some restrictions and in consultation with ACT & SNSW Rugby Union and the relevant government authorities in ACT and NSW, we are pleased to be able to resume training on the foloowing dates:
- Tuesday 2nd June – Bushpigs
- Tuesday 9th June – Piglets U10s to U16s, Miss Piggies
To be able to return to training, as parents/players, or coaches/managers of teams, you need to:
- If you haven’t done so already, register on Rugby Xplorer app, at a minimum under a TRAINING ONLY registration
- Download the COVIDSafe app
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your/your child intends to return to training
These steps are ESSENTIAL for insurance, contact tracing and training attendance management.
Training will be limited to groups of 10 or less, training in a defined area of the field (to maintain social distancing requirements in small groups), and will be NON-CONTACT training (i.e. only practicing passing, kicking, fitness, body shape and game structure).
See the letter from our President, Chris Marshall, sent via email to all players on 29 May. ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
Remember: All participants (Players, Coaches, Officials) must be registered with Rugby Australia in order to be fully registered and received coverage under Rugby Australia’s Sports Injury and Liability Insurance Plan.
- Complete the JRUC online registration form below (for your/parent contact info and sizing for training kit)
- Download the Rugby Xplorer app to your phone and login to begin registration or use the desktop version at: myaccount.rugby.com.au You will need your previously used email/Rugby ID# to login – use your password or send yourself a ‘Magic Link’ and you’re in!
- Register by clicking on the More button in the bottom right corner.
- Then select Register. If you/your child played last season, the name should appear. If you/your child is a new player, or you are registering with a new email, you will be asked to create an account now. Do it in your name, as the parent (master account), and then add your child/ren that are intending to play.
- Click on your name/the playing child, then click CONTINUE and follow remaining instructions.
Below is the list of registration fees to play for Jindabyne Rugby Union Club:
Junior players: $170 (apply for your ActiveKids voucher here to save $100 for each child)
Senior Men’s players: $210
Senior Women’s players: $165
Training Only, Seniors: $20
Training Only, Juniors: $12
Coaches / Officials / Volunteers: FREE
All prices include GST. Zip Pay is available for registration fees.
Each player receives the following benefits as part of their registration fees:
- Insurance. As part of Rugby Australia’s Sports Injury and Liability Insurance Plan
- Training tee to keep and wear at training each Tuesday and Thursday
- Playing shorts and socks to keep
- Jerseys. We provide these on game day then collect them for laundering. Every second season (even years), junior players receive their jerseys to keep at the end of year presentation. Senior players receive their jersey at the end of each season.
- Transport. The club owns and maintains number of buses to help transport players to away matches, reducing the strain on players and parents to have to drive long distances.
- Free food and drink on game day. At home matches Junior players can enjoy a free kids sausage sandwich and drink (e.g. a juice box) after their match. Senior players get to enjoy other refreshments post-match 🙂
- And last but not least, a fantastic community of like-minded people promoting an active and healthy lifestyle, that will result in life-long memories and friendships.